My goal is to always strive to be better than the person I was the day before, and in pursuing this goal there were 10 things I realized have helped me considerably.
- Read. Yes read a whole book, not just an occasional article or meme. Books can change the way you think about things. Different perspective is always good.
2. Be willing to live the way other people won’t so that you can live the way other people can’t.
3. Learn to cook the foods you enjoy. Cooking opens a whole new world of exploration and enjoyment.
4. Learn to budget your money in a way that makes you feel responsible and liberated not restricted. Always budget in your entertainment money baby!
5. Get moving! Your body gets stronger the more you move it. So find some form if physical activity that you enjoy or that you want to master it. Bonus point, exercise helps you to manager stress :).
6. Clean and organize your space. Everything has a place so put it there.
7. Figure out what is is that you want out of life and go after it, relentlessly. Learn to plan your day, week, month, year. Knowing what you want and planning towards it helps to keep you focused on achieving your goals
8. Learn to commit. Life will happen and throw you for a loop and these are the times when you have to remember why you’re doing what you’re doing. Interest will get you started but commitment will keep you going
9. Be present and enjoy life. Be intentional about spending time with those you love, giving them you undivided attention. Your children will enjoy the times you spent together a lot more than the toys you got them.
10. Start over as many times as you need to. Starting over can be tough but you’ll be starting over with a better understanding.
What are some things you’ve done that has helped you to become a more refined version of yourself? Be sure to share, I would love to know.